Fatherly Stuff: Breakfast Art: A Re-creation and a Challange

Mar 24, 2013

Breakfast Art: A Re-creation and a Challange

Recently, I shared a cool picture on by Facebook page of whimsical breakfast art, courtesy of Designtaxi.com (Original article). The premise is simble; regular, everyday breakfast meals are transformed in very creative ways. Here are some examples directly from the site:

I thought it would be fun for my son and I to try and create some breakfast are of our own. We chose this picture:

Here is our rendition:
The only difference is, we used a grapefruit instead of an orange, our bubbles were made of strawberries instead of blueberries, our eye was made out of a chocolate chip and we used raspberries to make a kind of a zooming trail (it kind of looks like it's laying eggs, but I digress). Also, I had a ridiculously hard time trying to get the white underpeel off of the fruit. All in all, though it certainly wasn't perfect, we had alot of fun. Not to mention it was delicious. Or at least I think so: By the time I came into the dining room after cleaning our mess, all that was left was a dorsal fin.

So now the challenge to you guys: Think you can do better? I'd love to see you try! You can follow the template per the DesignTaxi website or if you are skilled enough, create your own. Any submissions will be displayed on a follow up post in the near future. Submissions can be emailed to me directly to fatherlystuff@gmail.com.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment