Fatherly Stuff: Go Gluten Free with this Choco-Peanut Butter Cookie Holiday Recipe

Dec 9, 2013

Go Gluten Free with this Choco-Peanut Butter Cookie Holiday Recipe

I am a member of the Collective Bias®  Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.




Of the many things that I loved about the holidays growing up, one of my favorites was my mom’s delicious baking. I would sit and help her make her recipes from scratch, often helping myself to licks of batter and bits of cookie dough when I thought she wasn’t looking.  I remember pacing the oven, minutes feeling like an eternity while I eagerly awaited for those gooey, golden-brown disk to be transported from the cookie sheet, dunked in a tall glass of milk and finally, into my mouth.

Now that I am a parent, I have the privilege of  baking sweet treats for my family for the holidays, just like my mom used to do for me so many years ago. However, our tradition was briefly endangered due to the recent birth of our 2nd baby boy. At 5 months, my wife is still nursing and has been forced into a diet free of gluten in order to appease his volatile stomach, or else face the risk of never sleeping due to a gassy, cranky baby. Not wanting to leave her out of our holiday festivities, I took a basic peanut butter cookie recipe and created an appetizing, gluten-free alternative that everyone can enjoy. I took a trip to my local Price Chopper to pick up the ingredients I needed and so began our experiment. 

Great deals can be found every week with the #HolidayAdvantEdge


 I have to admit that I was doubtful as to whether or not they would be a suitable replacement for our traditional holiday sweet treats, but my uncertainties were immediately put to rest after one bite. They were amazing! Additionally, because there are less ingredients than most cookie recipes with gluten, they were easy to make. Like, ridiculously easy. Don't believe me? Well, check it out for yourself!

Gluten Free Christmas Choco-Peanut Butter Cookies

1 Cup Peanut butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy Milk Chocolate Frosting
Holiday Sprinkles

  1.  In a medium mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, brown sugar and egg.
  2. Mix all ingredients until they are well blended.
  3. Shape dough into round balls and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using a fork, gently flatten dough
  4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 350 F
  5. Let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes
  6. Decorate with Betty Crocker Frosting and holiday sprinkles

What did I tell you? Was that easy, or what!

It just goes to show you: With a little creativity and some #HolidayAdvantEdge with Price Chopper, you can create some amazing sweet treats that will ensure everyone is included during the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment