Fatherly Stuff: Ultimate Party Meatballs Recipe

Oct 23, 2013

Ultimate Party Meatballs Recipe



Before I had kids I thought that I was a pretty awesome cook. Back in my college days, I would routinely concoct meals on my Foreman Grill that were in my mind, gourmet caliber. And compared to my other college roommates, I was probably the equivalent of Emeril. But with most things, experience is the best teacher and being a parent and sharing the cooking duties with my wife has allowed me to hone my skills and now I’m pretty decent in the kitchen. The irony of it all however, is now that I have a little culinary ability; the demands of balancing a job and parenting  two small children leaves me with little time to cook. 

That’s why I’m always happy to discover awesome dishes, like the Ultimate Party Meatballs from Heinz®, Johnsonville® and Ocean Spray®. 





The opportunity to put this recipe to the test came at a perfect time because we were invited over to a neighbor's house for dinner and needed something to bring. Its convenience, versatility and great taste make it the perfect recipe for holidays, appetizers, at-home tailgating to watch the big game, taking to a pot luck, last-minute guests and visitors that drop by, weekend get-togethers, family celebrations, holiday open houses and many other occasions!

Depending on how much time you have, this recipe can be cooked on either the stove top or slow cooker. Due to the time constraints we were under, we decided to forgo the slow cooker and prepare the meatballs on the stove.

 Here is an info-graphic of the easy to follow recipe:


 The recipe is ridiculously easy and didn't require much effort at all. My biggest concern however, were the kids. At ages 3 and 4, they are at the picky eater stage where they might refuse anything on their plate. But the sweet, tangy flavor of the meatballs was good enough to to keep even them both happy.

From kid to adults;Satisfied guests all around!



Overall, the Ultimate Party Meatballs is a simple, go-to recipe for entertaining and a variety of other occasions. It certainly was a crowd-pleaser for us and we definitely plan on keeping these ingredients stocked in the fridge so we can be ready for any other last minute events that might pop up!


Disclosure: I received Heinz®, Johnsonville® and Ocean Spray® products in exchange for sharing this recipe. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment