Fatherly Stuff: Try Kickin' Buffalo Chicken Wraps as your New Football Party Favorite!

Jan 20, 2015

Try Kickin' Buffalo Chicken Wraps as your New Football Party Favorite!


 This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PartyWithBigY #CollectiveBias 

The rest of the world is still reeling from the heart-stopping action of the playoff championships on Sunday night. During the first game, my friends and I dropped our jaws in shock as a Russell Wilson and his team stubbornly refused to roll over and came back from behind to defeat Aaron Rogers and this team. The second game, while not a thriller (unless you’re a Brady fan), was also surprising, as Tom Brady and his team completely routed Andrew Luck and this team. Both games, while different, were thrilling to watch. And now we get to see who will reign supreme during the Big Game in Glendale, AZ in a couple of weeks!  


Whether it’s for the playoffs or the Big Game, a top notch game watching experience isn’t complete without good friends, great drinks and most importantly, delicious food. And I for my part, I was definitely up to the task with my fan favorite buffalo chicken mini wraps.



 What I like most about these wraps (besides the taste, of course!) is that they’re quick and ridiculously easy to make. To get everything I needed, I took to quick trip to my local Big Y Supermarket. As New England residents, my family has been a long time customer of Big Y and I've always been a fan of the price of their quality products and their friendly customer service.
I love how I can always count on them to have the freshest ingredients along with reasonable prices,  especially since I’m a Silver Savings Club Card member.





 Here's the recipe:

-1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breast (Cut into bite sized pieces)
-1/4 cup of hot sauce (I used Texas Pete's Buffalo Sauce)
-Bag of flour tortillas (Cut into 4 halves)
-1 cucumber (Cut into 1/4 inch thick semi circles)
-Bag of lettuce
-Blue cheese dressing
-tbs olive oil
-toothpicks

1) Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat. Once hot, throw chicken pieces in and cook until all sides are thoroughly cooked.
2)Turn off heat, pour in hot sauce and stir
3)Wrap chicken inside tortilla piece, along with a cucumber piece and piece of lettuce. Use toothpick to keep closed.
4)Put blue cheese dressing on the side for dipping
Dipping sauce is your friend!

You can mix and match your own ingredients to keep in line with your own taste. I can tell you first hand that it was a hit at the party. But if I didn't feel like cooking, it's nice to know that Big Y has convenient game day selections that you can take advantage of. For example, there's the Power Party Pack, which comes with  two 30 inch super subs (roast beef, ham or turkey), party size pizza (one topping), 4 pounds of super tenders, InVinceIble Pizza (more info here: http://www.bigy.com/OurStores/FoodService/InVinceI...) InVinceible Sandwich (We start with a loaf of our famous LaCrosta Italian Bread, layer in a pound of meat (Ham, Pepperoni, Hard Salami and Capicola Hot Ham), add Provolone Cheese and top it with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Roasted Red Peppers, Onions, Banana Peppers, Mayonnaise and Basil Pesto.) Game Day Seasoned Wings: in the butcher shop – Buffalo, Teriyaki, Beer Can and honey BBQ.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment