Feb 12, 2013

What Parents Do at Night? (A Graph)

If you were like me as a new parent, you probably heard the rumors from veteran parents about the lack of sleep you will encounter. You'll probably rebuff their warnings and think to yourself, "Hey, I'm the same guy who during college was able to party all night Thursday, come home, finish a 5 page paper and place it on my professor's desk by 8am Friday; staying up to take care of my kid will be a breeze!"

Then the baby gets here and everything changes.
A VERY rare moment of peace


Now you are a red-eyed, frothing at the mouth, zombie-like shell of the person you used to be trying your best to appease your child as if he/she were a vengeful Mayan Deity. To those parents, I present the following graph because Lord knows we're doing everything but sleeping: