Fatherly Stuff: My #PricelessNY Night with my Dad and the New York Jets! #MC

Nov 1, 2013

My #PricelessNY Night with my Dad and the New York Jets! #MC

Disclousure: I am a member of the Social Fabric community. I have been compensated to share my experience with you by Collective Bias and their client, MasterCard

As a guy that was born and raised in New Jersey, I have always had a love of the game of football and an even greater admiration for the New York Jets. From the time that I first put on a pair of shoulder pads at the age of 12, I always dreamed of playing in the NFL under the stadium lights for the Jets, which is only a few miles from my hometown. I used to collect the cards of my favorite players and would often imitate their moves during games. I also played football through high school as well as briefly in college and eventually, I had to reconcile my dreams for more realistic but worthwhile pursuits.  So imagine my surprise when years later, I find out that by simply being a MasterCard holder, I would be given the Priceless New York opportunity of a lifetime to play a game of flag football on the field at MetLife Stadium.



Needless to say, I was beyond thrilled. The event took place this past Tuesday and I was able to bring my dad along as my one man cheering section. It really meant a lot for me to have him be there because well, he is my dad, and he was always my biggest fan and came to many of my games growing up. 


After registration, we did some warm up stretches and broke up into two teams, each of which were coached by Jets legends Randy Beverly and Fred Baxter. Although we were all amateurs, it was obvious that there was plenty of athletic talent on both sides. However, the team I was on, which was coached by Mr. Baxter was able to pull away with a significant lead throughout most of the game. I had a few opportunities to score a couple of touchdowns. Unfortunately, during my playing days I was always a defensive player, and not always the best offensive player. I have to admit that every throw that came my way easily slipped through my hands because of this. But with that being said, I would like to think that my defensive prowess contributed to holding the other team to a minimal score. 

Top Picture: They filmed the game on the jumbo screen!


After the game was over, the MVP for each team was awarded an official team helmet signed by either  Santonio Holmes and D'Brickashaw Ferguson. After breaking down the Jets chant (J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!), we were all treated to an amazing reception dinner.  It was then that I was able to speak with both Jet Legends and they were gracious enough to sign my football.




















Thanks to MasterCard, I was able to share a priceless experience with my dad; it was truly a night to remember.

MasterCard did a great job organizing the event. I was pleasantly surprised to find out via the Priceless New York website that the events they offer throughout the year are not just sports based, but cover a wide variety of interests such as dining, arts & culture, shopping and even music and entertainment. This means not only will I be able to get great deals for the next Jets game, but I'll be able to bring my boys to kid friendly events, like VIP access to a Thomas and Friends live show. Or, I might switch gears by getting a babysitter so I can take my wife to the city for a fun cooking class at the exclusive restaurant, Eatly. After that, we could enjoy some live entertainment from Jazz to the Blue Man Group.  Additionally, it's worth mentioning that you have to be a MasterCard holder in order to be able to take advantage of many of these discounts. Both credit and debit card holders apply. Indeed, no matter what your flavor is, you're virtually guaranteed to find something you or your family will enjoy!

To get information of additional offers and discounts, please visit the Priceless New York Site

You can also follow both Priceless and MasterCard via Twitter

Question: Are you a MasterCard holder? If so (or if not), what types of events would you take advantage of?


No comments:

Post a Comment